Monday, May 23, 2011

What the hell am I doing here

After months of working on front line IT support - setting up computer, fixing hardware and software issues, talking to clients and even working in the call centre a bit - I'm now back working on development work.  The problem is... IT IS DULL!  There is none of the sexy coding and I can't do anything cool.  Just build reports and even that is slow going as the business are hard to get feedback from 'cause they have their work to do.  I think I'll go back to the other work when this job winds up, and just find a role where I get out and about and earn a little extra cash.  Stuff this crappy dev work.

Anyway, back to the bike.  It's been months, and while I was all keen at first, I lost momentum fast.  The problem is that I got given a car.  Now that would be nice and don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, but I can't have a car and a truck and a bike registered.  Anyway, so the truck is going on eBay this weekend and so is the car.  And the bike is getting rego'ed ASAP and I'm not getting stuck in the stupid traffic anymore.

Most of the issues with the bike have now been fixed...
  • Kick start lever now has a new spring and returns when kicked!
  • New master cylinder and caliper for the front... fitting tomorrow night!
  • Blinkers are on and just need a little soldering
  • Capacitor set up for battery replacement - just a little soldering and we're good!
  • New light bulb
  • I'm trying to ignore the front forks 'till after rego. Maybe I should just suck it up and do the seals?
  • New oil filter and fresh oil

I did originally intend to do allot more up front, but I did also say this was a project I could ride and work on.  Once the rego is on I'll start making more plans.  I've bought some CBR600 wheels - that came with all new bearings and front disks - and a CR125 swing arm and brake.  I'm thinking that I could build that up on the bench to the point where it is all working and then just bolt it on and only have to work out the master linkage to the peddle.

 This is what  the wheels look like - mine are silver though and my bike will be quite different...

I'll also need to get some CR125/250 triples and a set of CRF forks.  They are really quite cheap in the states.  I'm also toying with the idea of getting a complete CBR front end and putting on my wheel and running the dual disks.  Imagine how that would stop.

I also got a new tank, but I think it will take a bit of stuffing with.  I might just skip that one for a while and get some ks on the bike.  I'm not so keen on being at work and I'd much rather be working on my bike all day, but at least I can ride to and from work if I get it rego'ed.  I'm not really very good at finishing projects, so I'm going to break this one down into mini projects and that way I can do several min projects and learn to finish them.  That way I'll have some practice for when I get my garage and my car.

This is what it looks like at the mo.  Needs some assembly and work...

It also occurs to me that I was a bit of an idiot selling my old bike...

This was my bike that I mentioned earlier.  AWESOME and I'm and IDIOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment